Are you looking for a great tasting, easy to make, able to travel well salad for your next picnic, barbecue, potluck, or work luncheon? Well, I’ve got you covered with this unique and delicious salad that no one else will be bringing but everyone else will be gobbling up and asking you for the recipe.
1 cup quinoa
1 cup water
1 cup vegetable broth
1/2 cup lentils
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable broth
1 cup diced red, yellow, and orange sweet bell peppers
1/2 cup packed fresh spinach leaves, chopped
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
dash of sea salt and black pepper
1. Bring quinoa, 1 cup water, and 1 cup broth to boil and then cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Let cool.
2. Bring lentils, 1/2 cup water, and 1/2 cup broth to boil and then cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Let cool.
3. Mix quinoa, lentils, peppers, spinach, basil, and walnuts in large bowl.
4. Drizzle vinegar and lemon juice on top. Toss salad and add a dash of salt and pepper if desired.
5. Chill in fridge. Can be served cold or at room temperature.
Choosing healthy living over dying🙂