Jess Ainscough, a.k.a. The Wellness Warrior, talks about natural ways to hydrate your skin and look radiant. Here’s what she has to say.
Our skin may be the largest organ in our bodies, but it’s also the last place to receive nutrients. So, if your skin is supple, and looks all dewy and glowing, it generally means that your insides are in pretty good shape. If your skin needs a boost, try some of the following foods.
Seven super skin hydrating foods:
1. Cucumbers: Many of my juices during the cleanse contained cucumber, but I’m also making sure I eat them in my salads and on their own. Did you know that plain cucumber, eaten whole, makes for an awesome snack? Cucumber contains silica, an ingredient that boosts moisture and elasticity.
2. Celery: Another awesome addition to juices, celery is another hydrating food that contains skin-loving silica.
3. Chia seeds: Chia seeds are high in Omega-3 fatty acids, and foods rich in Omega-3 fatty acids limit water loss in skin cells.
4. Aloe vera: Aloe vera is not only great when used topically, but it will also quench your skin’s thirst when used internally as well. Add a small amount of aloe vera to your smoothies. Too much and it will make them taste bitter.
5. Water: This one’s kind of obvious, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t deserve a big, important mention. Up to 60% of the human body is made of water. For our body to function properly, we need to be sufficiently hydrated. It’s particularly important to have a big drink of purified water first thing in the morning to compensate for the overnight drought.
6. Avocado: Another food that is high in Omega-3 fatty acids, avo is a true beauty food. Just ask nutritionist Kimberly Snyder and superfoods expert David Wolfe. They are big, big fans of the avocado and it’s beauty-giving properties.
7. Watermelon: All fruits and veggies are great for you and your skin, but melons are particularly hydrating due to their super high water content.
Visit http://www.thewellnesswarrior.com.au/ to learn more from this amazing wellness guru.
Choosing healthy living over dying 🙂