I ran across a website called HealthfulPursuit.com a while back and have found some great recipes and information. Leanne Vogel is a holistic nutritionist who has overcome great strife in her life to move on to happiness and healthfulness.
She has amazing recipes on her website and has a new cook book “Dessert Freedom” that is sure to be a big hit.
Here is a very simple recipe that is a healthy twist on the classic chocolate turtle.
3 Ingredient Chocolate Turtles
by Leanne Vogel
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients (12 turtles)
- 6 medjool dates, cut in half lengthwise with pit removed
- 3/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips, melted
- 48 raw pecan halves
- Cut medjool dates in half lengthwise and remove pits.
- Shape each piece into a circle with your fingers. The dates should be squishy enough that this will be really, really easy to do.
- Lay the date circles on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, sticky side up.
- Press 4 pecan halves into the center of the date circles, fanning them out to look like a flower.
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or saucepan with a bowl over top.
- Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of melted chocolate into the middle of the fan of pecans. Flip the turtle over and press down gently so that the chocolate touches the parchment paper.
- Repeat with remaining date circles and place in the freezer for 5 minutes to harden. You can keep the chocolate warm my placing back in the hot water bath.
- Drop each turtle into the melted chocolate and move around until it’s back is covered. Remove from the bowl and place back on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining and let cool in the freezer for 10 minutes for the chocolate to harden.
Here are some pictures of the ones I made🙂 The first picture is the underside of the turtle, the second of the turtle before going in the freezer, and the last after the freezer. Yum!!!
Choosing healthy living over dying🙂