This rice dish is sweet and spicy, crunchy and healthy, and ohhh so delicious!
1 1/4 cups organic vegetable broth
1 cup brown rice
1 1/4 cups pineapple chunks
1 Tablespoon liquid aminos (soy sauce…but healthier)
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
6 garlic cloves, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
5 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
2 Tablespoons coconut oil
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1. Bring 1 cup of vegetable broth to boil and add rice. Cook according to rice directions.
2. Mix the remaining 1/4 cup broth, 1/2 cup of pineapple chunks, liquid aminos, and red pepper flakes in blender. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
3. Heat coconut oil in pan. Add garlic and yellow onion and saute for 3 minutes. Add carrot and red pepper and saute 3 more minutes.
4. Add rice and sauce to pan and heat. Add pineapple and green onion. Stir together and heat for 2 more minutes.
5. Serve with chopped walnuts on top.
Choosing healthy living over dying 🙂