Stop the Colds Before they Start!
All the kids are back to school and that means the colds start coming home with them along with the homework assignments and fundraiser forms……ugh! To be prepared you need to learn how to ward off the snot monster the natural way.
Our bodies are equipped to cope with changes in seasons. While many will go and get their flu shots to try to protect them from getting sick, I (along with many others I know) feel that these shots are useless at best, and dangerous at worst. Some of the ingredients that are in flu shots include: formaldehyde, mercury, aluminum, thimerosal, triton X-100 (a detergent), phenol (carbolic acid), ethylene (antifreeze), betapropiolactone (a disinfectant), nonoxynol (used to kill STD’s), and octoxinol 9 (a vaginal spermicide).
While you may still get sick occasionally even with a strict wellness regime, you will notice that your colds don’t last as long and are very infrequent. So arm yourself with these natural remedies rather than the poison cocktail.
1. Get adequate Vitamin D. It wards off the flu and allows your immune system to activate. It will also help prevent depression and cancer (what a bonus!).
2. Eat Lots of Veggies.
3. Avoid Sugar and Processed Foods. Sugar impairs the function of your immune system almost immediately.
4. Avoid Dairy. It is very mucous forming which is worse during the colder months.
5. Get Plenty of Sleep. It is important to get a good nights sleep for immune-boosting melatonin production.
6. Stress Less. I know…easier said than done, but your immune system gets undone by high cortisol levels which increase with stress.
7. Shake Your Booty. Exercise gets your immune system circulating and helps it fight off illness before it spreads.
8. Load up on Vitamin C. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant and can be found naturally in many foods. If you are not getting enough however, you can take a supplement.
9. Drink Immune Supporting Tea. Try making yourself a warm drink with lemon juice, raw honey and ginger. A sore, scratchy throat will feel better with a warm soothing drink.
10. Listen to your Body and Use Natural Antibiotics. Oil of Oregano, Colloidal Silver, and Garlic are natural antibiotics that fight against bacteria, viruses and icky things in your body.
A fellow blogger (and my personal hero) has this trick for colds
Stop a cold in its tracks with hydrogen peroxide. It sounds too simple to be true, but I’m telling you that this works. If you feel a cold coming on, do this:
Add a few drops of 3 percent hydrogen peroxide to your ear. You will hear some bubbling going on. Wait about five to 10 minutes before flipping over and doing the opposite ear.
Stay well and healthy this school year and winter.
Choosing healthy living over dying 🙂