I know that it can be hard, especially with children, to shop for foods that are healthy but that taste good too. Sometimes you can’t take the time to make all raw meals, soak all your beans and nuts, and grow your own produce and herbs. However, if you are shopping at the store you can make some simple healthy changes.
Take a few extra minutes to look at the labels on the products that you are buying. Try to avoid these seven dangerous ingredients as much as possible.
1. High-Fructose Corn Syrup: Potential side-effects: Obesity, Insulin Resistance, Increased Belly Fat, Heart Disease.
2. Trans Fats: Potential side-effects: Heart Disease, Cancer, Diabetes.
3. Monosodium Glutamate (MSG): Potential side-effects: Chest Pain, Heart Palpitations, Headaches, Stimulates taste buds causing you to eat more.
4. Artificial Flavors: Potential side-effects: Allergic and behavioral reactions. This is a blanket term referring to over 100 possible chemical additives and you don’t even know what they are. Do you really want to eat that?
5. Artificial Colors: Potential side-effects: Allergies, Sinus Congestion, Hyperactivity in children.
6. Artificial Sweeteners:
-Aspartame (Equal, Nutrasweet): Primarily affects the nervous system. Potential side-effects: Headaches, Dizziness, Memory Loss, Convulsions.
-Sucralose (Splenda): Decreases good bacteria in the gut.
-Acesulfame Potassium (Ace-K): Research indicates it may cause cancer.
-Neotame: No confirmed studies on its safety
-Saccharin (Sweet’N Low): Proven to cause cancer in animals. Suspected human carcinogen.
7. Preservatives: Potential side-effects:
-TBHQ: Tinnitus, Nausea, Vomiting.
-Polysorbates: Infertility, Immunosuppressant, Anaphylaxis.
-BHT/BHA: Liver and Kidney problems. It is also a possible carcinogen.
-Sodium Benzoate: Allergic reactions, Carcinogen.
-Sulfites: Allergic reactions – especially for asthmatics.
Keep poison out of your body……live longer!
Choosing healthy living over dying 🙂