There are many people who have been an inspiration to me on my journey and quest for healthy living. One of the biggest has been Kris Carr. She was diagnosed with a rare and incurable stage 4 cancer in 2003 at the age of 31. Nine years later she has written many books and is a New York Times best-selling author and wellness warrior. She has been on numerous tv shows and speaks all over the world. One of the very first books given to me after my own cancer diagnosis war Kris’s Crazy Sexy Cancer Tips. She is an amazing writer and is informative as well as funny and uplifting. She is the one who inspired me to try my first green smoothie (although it was horrible and I couldn’t even choke it down…..starting off with all greens and no fruits….yuck…..it became an acquired taste however and now I love it!). So today’s Blog is a repost of Kris’s Top 15 Crazy Sexy Diet Tips. Make it a goal to do as many of the 15 as you can. You will feel great and your body will love you.
Top 15 Crazy Sexy Diet Tips
1. Get back to nature and back to the garden – preferably the organic garden – when affordable – when not, try to choose fruits and veggies that are less sprayed. You can find a Shopper’s Guide to Pesticides at foodnews.org. There are over 80,000 chemicals in our world today, eating them and putting them on our bodies is a dangerous proposition.
2. Create an anti-inflammatory diet and lifestyle. Learn about pH, the acid/alkaline balance, and say goodbye to the SAD, acidic diet in favor of alkaline raw organic veggies, sprouts, green drinks, green smoothies, enzymes, vitamins, minerals, love and oxygen.
3. Make juice not war. Green smoothies are great too. My favorite juicer is the Breville Ikon, and the best blender is the Vitamix. Instead of your morning cup of Joe, (or nightly cup of booze) try filling your day with fresh vegetable juice.
4. Drink lots of clean, purified water.
5. Decrease the amount of animal products you consume (especially dairy products) and move towards more of a plant-based diet.
6. Refined sugars and processed starches are the devil – dump them. If it’s made in a lab it takes a lab to digest. If it has a shelf life longer than you, don’t eat it. Choose low glycemic foods as much as possible.
7. Shake your booty. Your lymph system, which carries away waste, needs you! Unlike your heart, it doesn’t have a pump. Aerobics is the pump. Brisk walking is the pump. Yoga is the pump.
8. Give your colon a regular spring-cleaning. That’s right, flood your body with alkalinity and flush it of toxins. As the good stuff goes in the bad stuff should come out – on a regular basis.
9. Use natural skin care products. Your skin is your largest organ and what you put on it you literally drink in. Everything you consume either gets assimilated or eliminated. Chemical creams and perfumes tax your body big time.
10. Stress also creates acidity, so turn down the volume on chaos and turn up the joy factor up. Find and regularly commit to activities that help you bring it down a notch. Some ideas: meditation, gratitude journaling, guided relaxation or visualization CD’s, nature.
11. Snooze. Snooze. Snooze. Optimal hours: 11-7am.
12. Chew. Your stomach does not have teeth.
13. And stop eating late so that when you snooze, your body can focus on repair instead of digestion.
14. Set boundaries so that you have the physical and emotional time to take care of yourself – it’s not selfish, it’s self-preserving.
15. Make time for fun, for love, for laughter!
Get inspired, get healthy, get happy….I know you can do it.
Choosing healthy living over dying :)