So you want to start eating more raw foods but the idea of living on raw veggies and salads with no taste is stopping you. Well, think again! If you have some of the raw basics to help dress up your food it becomes much easier to get started and keep on the raw track.
Here are some recipes for everyday uses on your veggies and other recipes. They are all vegan and raw…so pile it on, it’s good for you
1 cup of cashews (soaked and rinsed)
1/2 cup of water
1/4 cup of lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
1. If you have the time, soak your cashews first and then rinse them before blending. If you are impatient and have a high-speed blender, just throw dry cashews in your blender.
2. Add all ingredients, including cashews, into your blender.
3. Blend until smooth.
4. Transfer to a bowl and then chill in fridge for at least 2 hours.
2 cups cashews
3/4 cup water
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon sea salt (or slightly less)
1/3 cup nutritional yeast
Optional: 2 to 3 more tablespoons water if needed to facilitate blending
1. Throw all ingredients in a high-speed blender.
2. Blend well. This recipe can be a bit of a pain when blending, so if you’re having trouble getting the mixture to mix properly, turn your high-speed blender off and insert a spatula down one side to let a pocket of air down near the blades. Then remove the spatula, put the lid back on and continue blending–going from slow all the way up to fast again. You can also add a bit more water (mentioned above) but I try not to add any more water than three additional tablespoons because I like to keep the texture more on the thick side.
3/4 cups water (or less)
1 1/2 cups of macadamia nuts
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon italian spices (basil, thyme, oregano or combo of all – whatever you have)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
dash of cayenne
1. Throw everything in the blender and just BLEND until smooth!
1 ¼ cup cashews
¾ cup water (or a little more)
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar (OR LESS!!! START WITH HALF THE AMOUNT)
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons agave nectar (or honey) (or maple syrup)
2 cloves garlic
3 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon dill
1 teaspoon sea salt
Just throw everything in your high-speed blender and blend until smooth! Easy!
Cream Cheese Icing
1 ½ cups of cashews
½ cup of water
3 tablespoons of coconut oil
2 tablespoons of agave nectar
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon of celtic salt
1. Throw all ingredients in high-speed blender.
2. Blend until nice and smooth and creamy!
3. Transfer to a small bowl.
4. Refrigerate in bowl for one hour until it firms up.
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon soy sauce (liquid aminos)
1 teaspoon agave nectar
1. Combine ingredients in a bowl.
2. Stir vigorously until agave is well-integrated into remainder of recipe.
3. Use right away or store this raw vinaigrette dressing recipe for use later.
This is also good with raw honey…but remember honey is not vegan.
Make up some dips and sauces and start experimenting with all your raw veggie recipes. As the saying goes; eat live foods to live and eat dead foods to….well we don’t like to mention that word.
Choosing healthy living over dying