There is a website called Healthy Vegan Recipes that has some pretty awesome recipes on it. Check out this easy and delicious recipe with no meat, dairy or oil.
- 1 cup millet (you can also use whole wheat couscous, brown rice, or quinoa)
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- Large bunch of spinach, chopped
- 1 14 oz can of coconut milk
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp coriander
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- Sea salt, to taste
- Handful almonds, toasted and chopped
- Rinse the millet with water, drain, add 2 cups water for every 1 cup millet. Sprinkle a bit of sea salt in the water, bring it to a boil for a couple of minutes, then turn down to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Millet is fully cooked when it is dry and fluffy. Do not stir the millet while it is cooking.
- Meanwhile, heat a pot to medium and lightly saute the onion. Add the spices, then add the spinach and allow it to wilt. A splash of water in the pot will steam it lightly. Once the greens have reduced, stir in the coconut milk and adjust seasoning to taste. Turn down and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Serve over the millet, with toasted almonds or cashews to garnish.
As always….add a little of this, change a little of that….make it your own and enjoy what you eat.
Choosing healthy living over dying :)